Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

JOY OF LIFE....

many of us walk around with this 'dead look' on our faces,the one that tells everybody life is not well with you.it may be true things are as bad as they can get but does it really have to put you to death...literally?
i am primarily a sanguine by nature and there is something about my character i wish we could adopt.i find myself being amused by the very simplest of things,the kind that to another person are just normal.to make me smile has got to be the easiest task for anyone.that quality right there keeps me going in this thing called life.i find joy in the simplest of things even when the worst has just hit.it is true i look like i don't take things seriously,but that's not the case,i prefer being positive and not killing myself early.my sister used to wonder how come i usually carry around a happy attitude,when stressed i get back to life pretty quickly.

there is no secret really,no pills,no meditation. i go through stuff just like everybody else but i have one policy...in any one day there are many things to smile about you just need to see them as worth smiling for.for the Kenyans, i had a really nasty day recently,nothing was working,i was pissed off ,tired,mad ...you name it.when evening came i was glad the misery was over.when i got to the stage the conductor said the magic words(at least for me that is) "dere wacha kufinya watu,lipisha raia fifty" believe me my day turned around right there, i went home smiling like a Cheshire cat,very happy indeed.when i got home no one could suspect the bad day i had had because that little incident turned it around.my sister could not believe those words just made my day,but they in fact did.

the point is this-life will look like you see it, no one will always be there to put a smile on your face,things won't always go your way to make you smile,you wont always be in a good mood.in life learn to search for the little things that could make you happy, the small things you can call a blessing, the tiny irrelevant things that can make you smile.when you begin to notice them and actually smile about them,when you begin to look for them in your daily life,trust me that 'dead look' you have been giving every one will go away slowly...you will begin to really like life because i believe in life...it is the small things that really count,the rest are a result of the small things...

do laugh,smile,and enjoy the small things.....

2 comments:

  1. the mind....greatest tool of work ever invented....it jus emits whatever has been fed to its system,,, I agree totally,smilling away negatives one day @ a time makes the whole difference. I have to admit tho it takes effort***not as easy as it sounds tho..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also agree with you,it takes effort, a relentless choice,it is not easy...even for me,but life is about making the effort,we may not get there but we sure did try our best...that's my aim.
    thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete